Product & Presales Director
- OTSAW Digital Pte Ltd
- View(s) 166
Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
The product director oversees a product’s lifecycle and collaborate with other teams (R&D, sales and marketing) in order to ensure that the financial and consumer satisfaction goals are met. The director will define the product’s requirements, create a vision, and align the product with the business’ overall strategy.
• Leads the product department and in charge of the overall pre-sale strategy.
• Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
• Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
• Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
• Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
• Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
• Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses, answering questions and requests.
• Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
• Brings new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
• Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
• Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, following up on work results.
• Maintains product management staff job results by counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• Proven experience as a Product Manager or similar role inclusive of leadership experience
• Experience in product lifecycle management
• Background in software development and program management
• Familiarity with Agile framework
• Excellent communication skills
• Problem-solving aptitude
• Passionate / strong interest in Robotics